Username:   Password: 
Auto Login

Make Homepage  • 
The time is June 25th 2017, 01:21 (UTC time)
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel  Private MessagesCheck your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Luna Sea?

Users browsing this topic: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
hello_apocalypse

Luna Sea? Reply to topic Reply with quote Go to the Bottom
PostPosted: February 26th 2006, 17:48 Download Post

i'm looking but i can't see a forum or even a thread dedicated to this legendary band. for shame, batsu. anyway, let's make this thread the thread where we can discuss this band. they're definitely my favourite band ever and they've really influenced my taste in music (they made me appreciate all sorts of different genres) and they've also influenced how i perform and write music so yeah, i love luna sea!

ok, this might be really random but... the drums on anubis are f***ing insane, man. how the hell does shinya play that s*** live? i know the snare's pre-recorded when played live but still... it's unbelievable. to me anyway. and yeah, anubis is my favourite song of theirs.
Malakuma

Re: Luna Sea? Reply to topic Reply with quote Go to the Bottom
PostPosted: February 27th 2006, 01:35 Download Post

I love Luna Sea! My boyfriend introduced me to their music and now they are a favorite along with X Japan. I love Steal and Wish.
So far I've seen Tourbillion (Ryiuichi's new band) in concert and Sugizo (who was a DJ at a crappy concert). Now, I want to see J in concert. I don't really care for his current style, but my favorite songs were written by J and I think he has a lot of talent. I'm not sure what Shinya is up to...
squall_bq

PostPosted: February 27th 2006, 02:07 Download Post

MAN .. i was in shock when i read your post ... i discovered this forum like a few days ago .... and like im a little shy didn't register.... but when i saw your post ... i HAD to register .... it's incredible that a band like LUNA SEA didn't have a thread in this great community... they were ( I THINK) one of the top 3 bands in japan in the 90's... and even if they are not my favourite band ( they are one of the top 3) I have to admit that they are THE BEST BAND I've ever seen and heard. Like you said ... Shinya's drums are GREAT ... the best i've ever heard. and sugizo's guitar, sometimes i didn't know if he was playing the guitar or his violin, J's bass is Awesome, Ryuichi's voice was perfect and only improved with time, and Inoran was the perfect partner for sugizo, even if he was generally to much in the back
I love all of their records, specially mother and Lunacy, and their concerts were amazing

well ..sorry if the post was too long ... but LUNA SEA is a band that absolutely deserves it

mmhh... about the members of Luna .... well .... like malakuma said .... Ryu and ino have Tourbillon ( even though i really liked inoran in Fake? ), and sugizo had The Flare ( even though they announced the disbandment) and J .. well .. J has its solo project .... that is, in my oppinion GREAT.... He still has that amazing energy and strenght he had in every concert wit Luna Sea, finally ... shinya has worked with a lot of artist in japan as a support drummer .. and recently i read that he was going to particiate in Sugizo's new project ( he had worked with him previously in Sugizo and the spank your juice)
Himawari

PostPosted: February 27th 2006, 04:50 Download Post

I'm really glad you started this thread. I absolutely adore Luna Sea.. I would say that I'm more of a fan of their older works (LUNA SEA, EDEN, and MOTHER), but I also enjoy their newer stuff as well. Luna Sea is one of those bands than can play any type of music and make it sound good. That's just one reason I enjoy them greatly.. ^_^

Some of my favorite songs are:

Precious
Anubis
Believe
In Future
Rosier
My Lover
STORM
hello_apocalypse

(No subject) Reply to topic Reply with quote Go to the Bottom
PostPosted: February 28th 2006, 12:49 Download Post

wicked! so there are luna sea fans still around on batsu! yeah, i love nearly everything luna sea have done but like himawari, i prefer their earlier work. my top three luna sea albums are: image, style, and lunacy.

squall, you said shinya might be working with sugizo on his new project? hehe, it's like all the members have chosen sides and j's the only one left without a partner, haha.
lunacy
novice
novice

Member: #9,561

PostPosted: February 28th 2006, 17:20 Download Post

i love luna sea too! i'm kinda new btw
anyways, luna sea 's music is just perfect for me, i really love it!!
what about sugizo? and the other (solo) projects of the band members?
i personnaly really like sugizo's music, he just a great musician.
anyways, my favourite luna sea songs are:
face to face
sweetest coma again
loveless
search for reason
love song
deja-vu

and this are my LS albums i have:
lunacy
shine
period
eden
mother
style
Last edited by lunacy on February 28th 2006, 17:25; edited 1 time in total
squall_bq

PostPosted: February 28th 2006, 20:53 Download Post

well ... even if people from outside japan appears to have forgotten this amazing band .... in Japan they still have an incredible group of fans .... their fan club ( Slave ) is still very active, and keeps doing things and events even if the band separate a little more than 5 years ago. That is something really great, 'cause many people outside of japan doesn't even bother with listening to some older groups and just focus on the top groups of the moment, that's something i had to say ... for Luna Sea .. and another of my favourite groups, Raphael.

btw .... like Lunacy said, Sugizo is a GREAT musician, maybe my favourite ... after Takuro from Glay, and even if we don't see him a lot on TV ... he is VERY respected in Japan, and also has a lot of friends inside the music industrie
Malakuma

PostPosted: March 1st 2006, 02:00 Download Post

When I saw Sugizo in Shibuya I was very surprised that people were so calm and many didn't even notice him. He was the dj between bands so when it was his turn to come on the other small stage, I got as close as possible and watched him the whole time, with a few other people. Everyone else was still hanging around the big stage paying no attention! Oh well, atleast I got to be close to him! I saw him after the concert (he walked right by me), but I was so shocked, I didn't say anything to him. I regret it now, especially since I found out he speaks English.
milii

PostPosted: March 2nd 2006, 21:06 Download Post

Hey, how could I everforgot about Luna Sea? No way!xD
I totally love this Band, it was the first Japanese Band I listened to..and since then I like their music so much; but I don't like J's solo Music or Fake..dunno why..>_<

@Squall: I agree with you (I like Raphael too..xD), I can't understand that nowadays Fans outside of Japan only focus on groups of the moment, I mean, these groups do nice stuff, but nothing compares with Luna Sea..or Kuroyume (really, I believe a friend of mine & I are the only fans..).
Also many girls only like a band because of their look..>_>"

Erm..I like most the "Mother" Album, because it was my first J-Rock CD, and the first CD from Luna Sea. saru-odoru
(erm..and please excuse my worse English..xD)
Over The Vulgar Shudder

PostPosted: March 3rd 2006, 22:46 Download Post

Finally a luna sea thread in my opinion they are the best jrock band ever. There not my favorite but you can't deny how good they are and, no one has had a bigger impact on jrock besides X-Japan. They have such a wide variety of songs ranging from hard songs like 1999 to Virgin Mary which is my favorite song.
lunacy
novice
novice

PostPosted: March 4th 2006, 11:47 Download Post

[quote="Malakuma @ Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:00 am"] I saw him after the concert (he walked right by me), but I was so shocked, I didn't say anything to him. I regret it now, especially since I found out he speaks English.[/quote]

yes!! i know, listen to 'beauty' by sugizo it's fully english, maybe a strange song but it's sooo good, and some people nowadays only pay attention like bands as, alice nine, an cafe and other visual bands, but i like 'old school' bands the best (like, Hide, Xjapan, Luna sea, and maybe some others, i'm not really into the new bands, i really love dir en grey though, anyways, i hope you know what i mean scratch
Hideto_Matsumoto

PostPosted: March 5th 2006, 12:39 Download Post

Luna Sea I lIke them since I saw them in X(X-JAPAN) Excstassy Summit 91-92 I like Dejavu,Rosier,I For U,Precious,Love Song,Storm,Gravity,Tru Blue and many more butt Of Course I much much like X-JAPAN DA BEST
lunacy
novice
novice

PostPosted: March 5th 2006, 20:24 Download Post

that was absolutely great!!
and of course, who couldn't love Xjapan!?
i'm eternally devoted to them!
Czar

PostPosted: March 7th 2006, 23:04 Download Post

Well I actually love Luna Sea. I discovered them for a few months only, and I cannot stand spending a day without them. I cannot imagine somme girls just like them because of them look!! (I prefer their music...I'm not so fan of how they look...well that's not thesubject :p) I also discovered X-japan, Dir en grey (I love them too!!!). I can not say I prefer this or that song, I like almost everything they do (did)...And I' always looking for knowing more about them, that's why I came on this forum.

Nice to be here:D
shiroi_taka

PostPosted: March 8th 2006, 19:35 Download Post

It's good to see more Luna Sea fans... I would think people had forgotten about them.

Anyways, some of my favorite songs are:

Storm
Gravity
Claustrophobia
4:00am
Roiser
No Pain
I For You
HEAVY_KrAZED
surfer support!
surfer support!

Member: #2,762

PostPosted: March 9th 2006, 17:16 Download Post

There used to be a thread for Luna Sea.. but tis gone now.

I've only heard their Lunacy album + shine, rosier, and storm.

I like 4:00 AM, Gravity <--first song I heard.. I stumbled upon it by accident thinking it was something else xD, and and and Crazy About you - for now.

Bass = awesome
year2apocalypse

PostPosted: March 10th 2006, 06:25 Download Post

^ you're missing out on so much. listen to the albums image, mother, and style. you'll f***ing love this band. and if not... i'll just stare at you like o___o and say you're crazy.
HEAVY_KrAZED
surfer support!
surfer support!

Member: #2,762

PostPosted: March 10th 2006, 06:51 Download Post

I plan to =) I just... need money o___o? *stares back*
year2apocalypse

PostPosted: March 10th 2006, 06:59 Download Post

haha, don't stare! :P ummm, seriously, luna sea are one of the few bands out there that are seriously original. i can't think of any other band with the same sound as them. it's crazyyy. but if you're short on money and can only buy one album... get style. it's easier for non-fans to get into that. but i think image is better but it's a bit too old school sounding and weird... kinda, haha.
chuuzetsu

PostPosted: March 10th 2006, 15:42 Download Post

LUNA SEA in my opinion are one of three visual bands who set standards for visual music that would come later on in the late 90s and such. Other two being Kuroyume and L'Arc~en~Ciel (funny how all three turned away from visual kei pretty much though).

Favorite LUNA SEA albums: MOTHER, Image, and Eden
   Board Index
   -> Major, Vestige
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 6  [ 120 Posts ]

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to: