Username:   Password: 
Auto Login

Make Homepage  • 
The time is August 19th 2017, 09:07 (UTC time)
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel  Private MessagesCheck your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where do you get your Jrock from?

Users browsing this topic: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
manne
novice
novice

Member: #24,927

Country Flag: Australia
Where do you get your Jrock from? Reply to topic Reply with quote Go to the Bottom
PostPosted: April 4th 2010, 17:40 Download Post

Well, how to you obtain your Jrock?

I use CDJapan, and if possible the bands direct web page.
For those harder to find, or unavailable tracks I want I used Japanvisualkei, but that place got shut down.
surfer support!
surfer support!

Member: #27,020

Country Flag: Croatia
(No subject) Reply to topic Reply with quote Go to the Bottom
PostPosted: May 17th 2010, 11:33 Download Post

From all kinds of download sites. I support bands by going to their concerts, not buying their music.
akakageChan
novice
novice

Member: #35,818

PostPosted: May 17th 2010, 14:43 Download Post

at aziastreet.ru
mistatwinkies
surfer support!
surfer support!

Member: #4,131

Re: Where do you get your Jrock from? Reply to topic Reply with quote Go to the Bottom
PostPosted: May 17th 2010, 19:03 Download Post

From http://www.nautiljon.com/ It's a french site with a ton of Japanese music, shows, whatever.

Whether its jpop, jrock/vk, or japanese bands in general (I mostly listen to metal bands and guitar instrumentals by various japanese musicians), you'll probably find it here. You'll have to make an account and it's in all French but it's pretty easy after you successfully register an acct. Tip: Use an online translation tool
maddiex2010
novice
novice

Member: #35,836

Re: Where do you get your Jrock from? Reply to topic Reply with quote Go to the Bottom
PostPosted: May 20th 2010, 15:55 Download Post

I'm sneaky and evihl. There's loads of blogs hosting downloads for entire discographies of bands. I use those O.o
surfer support!
surfer support!

Member: #30,278

Country Flag: Belgium
PostPosted: May 30th 2010, 00:02 Download Post

Google. Honeslty.. Google is God.
JManiac
novice
novice

Member: #35,897

Country Flag: Turkmenistan
PostPosted: June 2nd 2010, 21:59 Download Post

I usually go by recommendations from other people, search on myspace, and other music sites like this
blueshade
mosher
mosher

Member: #20,483

PostPosted: June 5th 2010, 02:50 Download Post

Hey, sheesh there aren't many helpful people ^^;

BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT OR CREDIT CARD THAT YOU CAN USE! (sorry, it's just i tried to send actual australian dollars to japan once.. Don't make the same mistake as me! I never got my money back ;_; thanks brand-x)

I live in Australia and I have shopped at all of these sites (apart from hear japan)
and found their service to be fairly quick and reliable.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/jpop/visual/index.html

is a great site, apart from the high price of shipping, they always send everything on time and they never misplace packages from there as long as you get the (EMS shipping X_X the most expensive ahh or at least registered mail)
they send their packages in a big box with green paper oo special and bubble wrap! OMG! wee pop those bubbles! :D =3
if you accumulate enough points from purchases you can take some of the price off your next order! woo for cdjapan loyalty points =D

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-71-9v-49-en.html
play asia is pretty good too, i bought a cd there once and they delivered promptly and the shipping was a bit cheaper than cdjapan if i remember correctly, they may sell games, but they also have a pretty big list of japanese rock/pop cd's
they give you a box with bubble wrap =3 pop the bubbles woo!

http://www.yesasia.com/global/en/music-concerts-videos.html
they have a bit of everything, japanese, korean, chinese rock, pop so forth and they have visual kei bands too. I've bought from there 2 or 3 times and they are trust worthy =D
I bought cd's for my friend so I haven't seen how their packages come sorry =[

http://www.hearjapan.com/
Hear Japan is an online mp3 buying store, their albums are really cheap and they have a big variety, i've never bought there myself but you take off about 20-40$ in shipping and actually buying the real cd by just buying these mp3's and then you're still supporting the band! plus they sometimes give you bonuses!

apparently brand-x http://www.brand-x.jp/page/44 is good too, i had a bad experience with brand-x (i sent them australian dollars and they wanted me to send them a money order ._. and i'd just given them ALL my money X_X) The first 3 sites are reliable and I've never had any trouble with them ! :D

I hope this helps on your journey to trying to buy jrock for those who don't live in japan *shakes fist at lucky people in japan* the shipping rates may be high.. ._. but it's worth it! I promise! To hold the CD / DVD in your hand and get a booklet and possibly a poster and have the audio/video in perfect high quality is worth it! Plus if enough people from non-japanese countries started buying jrock cds, they might tour more =P the more people download, the less likely bands will tour anywhere but japan =P
next time you think about downloading some jrock/visual kei music, read this: http://www.hearjapan.com/news/hearjapan_news/A_Message_To_The_Fans

Anyway, I hope this is of some use to people =]
Last edited by blueshade on June 5th 2010, 03:05; edited 1 time in total

Spoiler:

I'd be happy to talk to Jrock fans on MSN:kenshinsword890@yahoo.com.au
DiabloMercy
novice
novice

Member: #36,943

PostPosted: March 24th 2011, 11:32 Download Post

cdjapan ftw hahaha
manne
novice
novice

Member: #24,927

PostPosted: March 25th 2011, 09:29 Download Post

Blueshade: A friend of mine used Play-Asia to get a Gazette CD and it took over 1 year him to receive it. (We're both Australian)

~Manne
   -> General, The Mosh Pit
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]

Jump to: